Some companies in Qatar have already declared their Eid Al Adha break on September 12-14 with many government offices also expected to be closed from September 9-18 (unofficially). This gives many employees enough time to enjoy this last long holiday for the year.
And while many would opt for the usual beach outing in Messaeid or Dukhan, or a joy ride to Zekreet or Al Khor, you might also want to consider trying these alternative activities for your family and friends:
- DECLUTTER YOUR HOME AND HAVE A GARAGE SALE. Long breaks are also an opportunity to clean-up your house which we can barely do during the work weeks. We might just be amazed to see a number of unused clothes, old toys that your grownup kids don’t play with anymore, books and other home decors, or even furniture that eats up space in your house. All these things taken into account could not only mean extra space but also extra cash for you. If friends will also do the same, you can organize a garage sale with the purpose of disposing your extra items at a low price and in a fun way. It might also be a good time to collect good stuffs for the upcoming season’s decoration.
- STAY-AT-HOME CAMPING. For kids especially, building relationships and creating happy memories are one of the best thing parents can do. Long break such as this is also a great time to do just like that. For homes with big lawn, it may be good to organize an outdoor camping complete with barbeques, your all-time favorite food, and maybe a wide screen projector for a family-oriented movie that everyone will enjoy. Inviting other families and friends will also make it more fun and enjoyable especially that playing with friends and doing stuff together is a great way to bond and nurture relationships. And doing it at the comfort of your home will not only assure security and safety but also it is less expensive than doing it somewhere else.
- TAKE A STROLL AT MADINAT CENTRALE. The best time to do this is during early morning or late afternoon when the sun is down and the temperature cools down a bit. There are many new restaurants and coffee bars that are now opening there, like EGGSPECTATION for breakfast, LORD OF THE WINGS for any-time dining, and MOKARABIA-The Pearl for an afternoon coffee or tea. Aside from that, you can also check out some interesting stores like MEGAPOLIS Entertainment Center, among others. But another way to spend a lazy afternoon at Madinat Centrale is just to take your time walking along the area and be transformed into a different world and experience the charming ambience of the Mediterranean.
- DISCOVER A GOOD HANGOUT FOR COFFEE WITH A VIEW. Tired of the usual coffee shops? Why not try some cool places to hangout with family and friends during this hot, humid break? Try the stylish MIA CAFÉ located at the Atrium of the Museum of Islamic Art (indoor) and have a spectacular view of Doha Bay and skyline while sipping your hot tea. You can also head out to Hilton Doha’s YA HALA for a refreshing coffee and their delicious pasties with a magnificent sea and pool views of the hotel. Lastly, if you haven’t tried it yet, visit the TORCH TEA GARDEN located at the 21st floor of the Torch Hotel (beside Villaggio Mall) overlooking the swimming pool and Aspire Park. You’ll be surprised that you get the same price of coffee or tea plus served in super relaxing ambiance.
- ADVENTURE ROOMS QATAR – the newest attraction that will hit Qatar and the 1st exciting live 60-min escape game in Doha that is expected to become a popular bonding and recreation destination for families as well as for private companies. Adventure Rooms is a private room escape experience perfect for group events. We don’t want to give too much away but the object of the game is to work together as a team to solve puzzles and escape from a mysterious room/rooms within 60 minutes. It is located along D-Ring road near the old Birla School (checkout their facebook page to book a schedule).
- KULINARYA QATAR 2016 – Support the local/Filipino event and spend a day with your family munching your favorite pinoy foods at the Westin Hotel and Spa (opposite The Center/old Ramada Hotel). Kulinarya event is an annual gathering of Filipino entrepreneurs and restaurant owners showcasing the best of Filipino foods and other businesses. In their second season, expect bigger and better preparations from the organizers and bring home those mouth-watering Pinoy delicacies and meriendas. The entrance to the event is FREE and will run from September 12-14, 2016 (10AM to 10PM) – new dates.
- GLOW ZUMBA – a fitness and exercise get-together and a side event during the KULINARYA 2016 at Westin Hotel and Spa. It will feature popular dancers from the Philippines (celebrity couple Joshua Zamora of Maneuvers and Jopay Paguia of Sexbomb Dancers) and will be held on September 14 (Wednesday) at 5pm. The entrance fee is 50QR per person and for ticket inquiries, you may contact the organizers or checkout KULINARYA QATAR facebook page for more details.
If you have nice suggestions that fits the bill, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we might come up with another article to share to our readers.