The Association of Filipino Real Estate Executives in Qatar (AFREEQ) staged its second season of the Philippine Property Investment Show – QATAR (PPISQ) last October 28-29, 2016 at the Splash Water Park, Katara Beach Front. The event was participated by premier Filipino real estate companies, mostly those with established offices or marketing teams in Qatar.
It was opened by no less than the Ambassador of the Philippines to Qatar, Mr. Wilfredo Santos and other dignitaries from the Philippines. The property show also featured several lectures about investments and real estate by notable speakers from the Philippines as well as from the Filipino Community in Qatar.
It is worth acknowledging the efforts of the organizers, headed by Mr. Joseph Rivera, who amidst the challenges of staging such a big event, still managed to push through as scheduled. Aimed at targeting Filipino investors and home buyers, this year’s property show also explored the possibility of introducing some of our finest properties to the international market.
Here are 10 things you missed at the recent PPISQ:
1. AYALA LAND – through its high end subsidiary, Ayala Land Premier, was promoting its latest ultra-luxurious project, the PARK CENTRAL TOWERS located at the corner of Paseo de Roxas and Makati Avenue. Among its distinct features can be seen on their Aquaview Villas, which has their own private elevators and a 5.7 meter high living room area that flows out to a private plunge pool and lounge deck. For inquiries, please call their visiting International Property Specialists: Ms. Janeth Aguada +974 50750280 or Mr. Julius Francisco +974 66763725.
2. FILINVEST – proudly presented their most ambitious project to date, CITTA DE MARI (City by the Sea) located in the bustling Cebu City which spans almost 50 hectares of the newly reclaimed South Road Properties of the city government. It will be developed into a waterfront lifestyle strip that offer a range of seaside leisure activities, while the other part will be developed into a 40-hectare residential town composed of themed resort communities. For more details, please call Filinvest International Qatar: +974 50027362 (look for Mr. Dave David).
3. MEGAWORLD – featured their luxury hotel development SAVOY HOTEL MACTAN NEWTOWN located in the prime upscale development of Megaworld Corporation in Lapu lapu City. Introducing a pioneering concept of condo-hotel ownership is the thrust of Megaworld International in enticing potential investors to go for a sure-fire investment that will not only give them passive income but also ownership to this prestigous property. For inquiries, call Megaworld International Qatar: +974 66294011 (look for Ms. Bhem Asperilla).
4. SMDC – among its line of successful projects, SMDC take pride in their prime development dubbed as the new “Face of Success”. AIR RESIDENCES is luxurious modern contemporary (Armani Hotel-inspired building) located across Ayala Avenue extension which feature Five-Star amenities. To know how you can own a piece of this world class condominium development, call SMDC Qatar: +974 33382246 (look for Mr. Marco Navarro).
5. VISTA LAND – Probably the biggest project Vistaland has ever ventured this year is their newest beach-front property in Boracay. COSTA VISTA BORACAY is a stunning mid-rise condominium development located right in the middle of Shangrila and Movenpick Resorts. For inquiries, call VISTA LAND INTERNATIONAL QATAR: +974 70153525 (look for Ms. Mich Fernando).
6. MR. BERNARD ANDUYON – As one of the respected leaders of Overseas Filipino Investors and Entrepreneurs Movement (OFIEM) and a stocks investor himself, he gave a lecture about STOCKS INVESTMENT STRATEGIES depending on one’s personality, where PSEi is heading, as well as diversification of stocks investment. As stocks investing is becoming popular, its also good to learn more about it and how it can become a profitable venture for OFWs. To get coaching sessions on stocks market investing, you may contact them on their Facebook page: Overseas Filipino Investors and Entrepreneurs Movement (OFIEM)
7. MR. NOLI ALLEJE – Foreclosed Property is another potential income generating activity that OFWs can consider. Mr. Allejo showed some of his successful projects and introduced that INVESTING IN FORECLOSURES can be done individually or thru Co Ownership fund. For more details, interested parties may viber him at 0908 8548080.
8. PHILIPPINE AIRLINES – they have an ongoing promotion for roundtrip tickets to Manila (via Abu-Dhabi), starting at QR1,240 (Sales until Nov 8 only) for flights til December 10, 2016/Jan 1 – March 31, 2017. They also had a raffle draw open to all guests of the two-day event, and the winner took home a FREE round-trip ticket to Manila via Philippine Airlines. For inquiries, call PAL Ticket Office in Doha: +974 44227302.
9. THE SPLASH WATER PARK-KATAR – two days of frolic in the sand, a time with family, picnic party with friends… at absolutely NO ENTRANCE FEE. When the park usually charge QR100 per person, attendees to the property show gets to swim at the beach for free. There are also some beach volleyball going on participated by Pinoy volleybal teams in Qatar. The Splash Water Park – Katara will run until November 8, 2016 only and for updates, please visit their website www.splashwaterpark.qa
10. PINOY FOODS AND BUSINESSES – and what better way to spend a day of learning and a day in the beach than munching on our favorite Pinoy foods. We’ve also seen some Pinoy businesses, banks and international service providers who were also giving away souvenir items to all visitors.
Events like these are really good for us to visit. Please note that aside from their featured properties, each developer also boast of a wide array of affordable homes and condominiums located all over the Philippines. And on top of the lectures and the B2B discussions, we also get to know what’s new and what’s hot in the booming real estate business back home. Some may have been dreaming of owning one in the future, and getting information ahead will definitely help in coming up with a wise decision later.
It’s is definitely our pride to showcase to the world (and to the international investors) the benefits of investing in the Philippine economy through real estate. And through our cooperation and our united stance, the succeeding seasons of PPISQ will surely be challenged to become bigger and better.
Cover photo is courtesy of Striker Innovation.