Doha is blessed to have so many malls and even with the current situations, there seems to be no stopping them since new malls are still opening including that one in the mall-congested area of Al Garaffa-Al Markhiya.
This probably shows the obsession of Qatar residents to shopping that’s why having a hotel connected to it will definitely be an added feature. Aside from hotel amenities, access to shopping and family entertainment will be an advantage, especially for those who are staying for few days or tourists who are availing of the Qatar transit visa.
There are several hotels in Qatar that are strategically located close (or attached) to these shopping malls. Al Rayyan Hotel is attached to the Mall of Qatar. The Torch Doha in Al Waab is attached to the Venice-inspired shopping complex – The Villaggio Mall. The Millennium Hotel in Al Sadd is only few steps away from Al Asmakh Mall. There are also several hotels which are very close to Lagoona Mall including Grand Hyatt Doha and the soon to open Mondrian Hotel Doha.
Aside from the advantages mentioned earlier, here are some of the benefits of staying in hotels close to the malls:
- ACCESS TO AFFORDABLE DINING – while we encourage a complete hotel experience by trying out hotel foods aside from the usual hotel amenities, others especially those with budget constraints or those who are staying more than one day might want to consider a wider and more affordable food options especially during lunch or dinner (breakfast usually comes free during the booking).
- BE AT THE CENTER OF THE ACTION. Malls are landmarks in itself, so staying there will give you access to your activity area. City Center Mall, for example, is right smack into the business center of Doha and is ideal for business travelers. Lagoona Mall is close to The Pearl and Lusail City which is perfect for tourists who want to see Doha’s new promising destinations. The Torch is not only close to the mall but also to one of Qatar’s biggest sports complex – Aspire Zone, which will be good for those participating in sports events.
- FIVE STAR AMENITIES AT AMAZINGLY LOW RATES. These international hotel brands are usually priced lower than beach front hotels. However, they also have amenities of a five star hotel like swimming pools, fitness area, spa and many others.
City Center Rotana Doha
We had the chance to stay at the family friendly City Center Rotana Doha during the same time when the Philippine Independence Day Celebration was also held at the hotel’s ballroom. It proved to be very practical especially that I also conducted a lecture during the event and had to stay to cover some of the highlights for my blog. Of course, we also took a chance for a rare family bonding and staycation in the during the Eid holiday.
Indeed, this option to stay in hotels near the mall is becoming popular nowadays. Above are some of the common reasons for doing so. Checkout the links to their facebook page for their ongoing promotions and you will be amazed of the savings that you can avail especially during these times when hotels in Doha are luring residents in the country in the light of the ongoing situations in the Gulf region.
You may also want to check out our previous entries for our Hotel Series:
- Doha Hotels under QR500 per night – https://bestlifeqatar.com/2017/04/18/doha-hotels-below-qr500/
- 9 Beach Front Hotels in Doha – https://bestlifeqatar.com/2017/04/18/doha-hotels-below-qr500/
- 7 Family-friendly Resorts in Qatar – https://bestlifeqatar.com/2017/04/22/6-resorts-in-qatar/