On the second installment of presenting the different Summer Promotions offered by various hotels in Doha, we noticed a new trend of staycation that doesn’t entail an overnight stay. This is deal for those who have active lifestyle and have a very limited time for relaxation due to work schedules. Those with weekday-offs may benefit from these offers since these facilities are less crowded during off-peak days.
We called out several hotels and resorts and compiled these exciting offers:
Double Tree by Hilton Doha – Old Town
Address: Al Meena Street، Doha, Qatar
Phone: +974 4034 3333
PROMOTION: Pool Day Pass
Price: QR100/person (available everyday)
Inclusions: Pool day pass at Double Tree and a free lunch in the L2 Restaurant
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara
Address: باننا ايسلند، Doha, Qatar
Phone: +974 4040 5050
PROMOTION: Day Pass
Why fly five hours for a sandy private beach and turquoise water, great dining and fantastic weather – when you can have it all in just 25 minutes?
Price: QR350/person (available everyday)
PACKAGE INCLUDES: Pool and beach access, QAR 200 credit per person to spend at any resort restaurants, QAR 50 credit per person to spend on any resort activities, Luxury boat transfers (children aged 4 years and younger – QAR 50 for boat transfers)
To book or for more information, please call +974 4429 8520
Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel
Address: (City Center Doha) Omar Al Mukhtar Street, Area 61, Aldafna, Street #850, Doha, Qatar
Phone: +974 4419 5000
PROMOTION: Pool Day Pass
Price: QR100/adult and QR50/children (everyday)
Inclusions: Pool and jacussi (outdoor)
For more information, please call +974 4419 5520
Doha Marriott Hotel
Address: Ras Abu Aboud Street, Building 2, Street 920, Zone 28, Box 1911, Doha 25500, Qatar
Phone: +974 4429 8888
PROMOTION: Pool Day Pass
Price: QR80/adult and QR50/children (from Sundays – Thursdays); QR150/adult and QR100/children (during weekends)
Inclusions: Pool and beach access, lockers and shower area
For more information, please call +974 4040 5050
Retaj Inn – Marina
For Only QR299 enjoy a cool breeze this summer with their Day Use offer at Retaj Inn Marina apartments hotel located in The Pearl, with its magnificent panoramic view of the Arabian Gulf and its idle location across Medina Central which offers different choices for dinning, cafés and cinemas all just within few steps from their location.
PROMOTION: Day Use Offer
The QR299 offer is from 9:00 AM till 6:00 PM and includes:
Use of our fully equipped studio 9:00 AM till 6:00 PM
Use of our two swimming pools (one for Adults and one for Children).
Use of our Gyms (separate Gym for male and female)
Use of our kids’ Play area
For reservations Call 30456461.
Location on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/APidMbZE1iz
Four Seasons Hotel Doha
Address: 25.324350, 539347, Street 51, Doha, Qatar
Phone: +974 4494 8888
PROMOTION: Pool and Beach Access
Price: QR375/person (available only from Sundays – Thursdays)
Inclusions: 200 credit at the Pool Grill Restaurant
A Word of Caution
Since these are promotional prices, some pools can get really crowded especially during weekends. Check out some hotels/resorts with a spacious area and it will, somehow, guarantee a moving space even on a crowded weekend. Call the hotel for any ongoing events that may affect or complement your stay.
How to Calculate Real Savings
Promos are generally low-price compared to the standard/regular offering. However, cheap doesn’t necessarily mean you are saving money. Here are some hacks to detect real savings:
- How many guests are coming? For a family of 3 or 4, a pool pass worth QR100/person may not necessarily mean cheap. QR400 riyals can already give you an overnight stay with all the access to facilities and breakfast for two, at the very least. But then again, it’s also a matter of your availability for overnight.
- Real value doesn’t always depend on price. Let’s not forget that what we pay for is our time for relaxation. So going into a crowded place may not necessarily pay off. That’s why proper timing (weekdays) or looking for a hotel/resort that will give you that much needed retreat (great facilities, which explain the price) is advisable.
- Do they have facilities for some refreshments or light meals. These considerations may also shoot up expenses for these type of staycations as some hotel restaurants could be really expensive. Hotels near the malls offer a better alternative for having access to more inexpensive lineup of restaurants.
- If the day pass cost include food (like that of Double Tree), then that’s really a big savings! We can say that hotels/resorts with food voucher inclusions on the Day Pass cost can offer value-for-money. It’s like guaranteeing the guests of spending/dining at their restaurants using a portion of the “Day Pass” fee. For the case of Banana Island, it will only cost you QR150 for the resort access considering that QR200 may be used on their restaurants, too. With the kind of amenities and environment you will be enjoying, you are surely getting much more than what you pay for.
- The above packages are ideal for single individuals or for couples with busy schedules – those looking for some alone time to unwind from the hustle and bustle of daily work or take advantage of some private moments or special occasion with your spouse.