WINTER is over and SUMMER is just around the corner. And during this time, some of you might be thinking of some place cooler and relaxing. In this TOURS-DAY episode – where we devote Thursday for travel or “staycation” related blog post, we will bring you some of Qatar’s newest and most affordable hotels.
Very recently (third week of February 2018), we were informed of the back to back openings of two getaway destinations in the southern part of Doha. Highlighted by its proximity to Sealine Beach and Mesaieed Sand Dunes, the popular cultural village of Souq Waqif Al Wakrah, the newly opened Ezdan Mall Al Wakrah, and the soon to open Al Wakrah Stadium, these new camp/hotel will surely add-up to great reasons why a weekend visit to the south is ideal.
- Location: Meesaid Sealine Beach
- Highlights: A traditional Arabian camping village with modern amenities (fully equipped/fully air-conditioned tents)
- Hotels Chains: Managed by Torch Hospitality (the same group who is managing the Torch Doha Hotel)
- Weekend rate/overnight: QR 500/good for 2 with breakfast (Day Rate/Tent only on weekend QR250-QR350 from 7am to 6pm)
- Website: http://www.thetorchdoha.com.qa/sarab-camp-en.html
- Location: P.O.Box 80175 Mesaieed Road, Doha, Qatar (near Ooredoo R/A in Wakrah)
- Highlights: It is a four-star property having sea or city view and the Al Wakra family beach is located 5 minutes drive from the Hotel. It also has a rooftop pool.
- Hotels Chains: TIME Hotels and Resorts
- Weekend rate/overnight: QR 250/room only or QR350 with breakfast for 2
- Website: https://www.timehotels.ae/timehotelsresorts/qatar/doha/timerakohotel/accommodation
In the tradition of posting affordable hotels in Doha for our readers, we are giving away a new list of hotels that has opened up which provides quality yet affordable staycation packages for local and expat families in Qatar. And in the light of the on-going regional blockade which limits many people to travel outside of the country, the availability of more affordable hotels are welcome developments.
- Location: 14 Bahr Al Arab Street, Old Salata, Doha, Qatar
- Highlights: Set in the Corniche district of Doha, Green Garden Hotel is 600 m from Qatar National Museum and a 17-minute walk from Souq Waqif.
- Hotels Chains: N/A
- Standard rate/overnight: QR200/room only (subject to change)
- Website: http://greengardendoha.com/en/
- Location: Al- Luqta Street, P.O Box No: 17128 Education City Doha, Qatar, Doha, Qatar (at the back of QNCC)
- Highlights: Their luxury Hypnos bed is the stuff of dreams. Drift off on an ultra-comfy, pillow-top, pocket-spring mattress, topped with a toasty duvet and your choice of firm and soft pillows for the soundest sleep ever! Book direct on premierinn.qa. Early check-in and late check-out. Kids Stay and Eat Free Breakfast. Good night guaranteed.
- Hotels Chains: Premier Inn Hotels UK
- Standard rate/overnight: QR 215/room only or QR315 with breakfast (subject to change)
- Website: www.premierinn.qa
- Location: Al Muntazah area near The Muntaza Park, Doha, Qatar
- Highlights: Rooftop swimming pool
- Hotels Chains: N/A
- Standard rate/overnight: QR 150/room only (subject to change)
- Website: http://www.rawdahoteldoha.online/
- Location: Street # 890, Al Sahib Bin Abbad Road , Najma, Doha, Qatar (at the back of Qatar Navigation in C-Ring Road)
- Highlights: Apartment style and spacious rooms.
- Hotels Chains: Sapphire Hospitality (the same group who is managing the Sapphire Plaza Hotel in Musheireb)
- Standard rate/overnight: QR268/room only (subject to change)
- Website: http://www.sapphire-hotels.com/ApartmentHome/Index
- Location: 30 Qatari Bin Al Fujaah Street, Doha, Qatar
- Highlights: right in the middle Bin Mahmoud area
- Hotels Chains: N/A
- Standard rate/overnight: QR165/room only (subject to change)
- Website: http://www.victoriahoteldoha.com
BOOK VIA BOOKING.COM and get 10% DISCOUNT ON YOUR NEXT TRIP
Booking.com is the world leader in booking accommodations online which is also described as a travel fare aggregator website. As per our experience, Booking.com has been very helpful in providing wide options of affordable hotel accommodations especially when travelling around the Middle East (tax free areas).
GET 10% DISCOUNT ON YOUR NEXT VACATION HERE. Yes, you may use this link and save 10% with http://Booking.com ! If you haven’t signed up with booking.com yet, you will get 10% discount on your next booking anywhere.