Earlier on, BLOGGING was an informal medium of expression and an account of personal experiences updated regularly by their writers or content creators on the worldwide web. Until it became popular during the rise of social media as a more tangible, authentic reference materials for many subjects like fashion, lifestyle, technology, food, cooking, travel and more.
Then we saw more blogs and bloggers becoming social media endorsers, thus the term – social media influencers. An article from brandnation.co.uk said:
“In recent years a change evident in marketing and social media has been the swing from celebrity endorsement to social media influencer. Companies are now discovering the potential of influencers over that of the traditional celebrity. Seen as real and tangible people, accounts with millions of followers have surged in popularity.”
As the internet and social media becomes even more complex and advanced, people are turning from newspaper to online news portals… and from written words to photos and now… videos. Even the very popular social networking sites like Facebook has evolved from a simple photo sharing site to sharing of videos.
Without a doubt, video log – or what is now popularly known as VLOGGING is making its mark as one of the most powerful and effective way to capture an audience. With the lessening attention span and constant mobility of people, a few minutes video could already convey a strong message or promote a certain cause. With YOUTUBE as one of the widely used site, users are allowed to post videos and create a channel just like creating an account on Facebook and other social networking sites. And recently, Facebook and Instagram have also introduced a feature where users can upload videos in the form of Stories and IGTV (which some say would rival that of Youtube).
In this edition, we are going to introduce some of the FILIPINO YOUTUBERS IN QATAR who are making waves and gaining more and more followers through their different video contents.
DISCLAIMER: The following vloggers did not volunteer nor asked Best Life Qatar (BLQ) to be featured on this post. It was a personal listing created by the writer but with permission from the vloggers themselves. BLQ did not consider statistics or any particular parameters in order to come up with the list but only the idea of supporting these creative individuals and providing a platform for more exposure. If you like their videos, please SUBSCRIBE and hit the notification bell to get updates whenever they have new posts. Get to know them one by one by going through few details about their channels (in alphabetical order).
- (as of 18.08.2018): 617 subscribers; 69 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Beauty
Dani’s signature vlogs are her makeup tutorials. We had our first collaboration when we invited her to talk and share about her vlogging skills with the new bloggers last 2017. Now she has been very busy as one of the community endorsers of a perfume brand while maintaining her Youtube channel and her full time job. Keep it up Dani!
- (as of 18.08.2018): 748 subscribers; 29 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Travel, Food, Lifestyle, Family and Entertainment
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: March 22, 2018
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: It shows the happy life of an OFW even though they are far away from their love ones.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Twice A Month (Saturdays)
This is one of Dennis’ recent vlogs which really showed his personality and who he is as a happy person who’s smile, he said, always connects to his audience’s hearts.
- (as of 18.08.2018): 302 subscribers; 46 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Beauty related videos and Random Vlog such as baking, fun challenges and lifestyle
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: April 30, 2017
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: It aims to inspire others by sharing her passion
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Once a week (either Friday or Saturday)
This is a first impression review video that Dianne made for SKINPOTIONS. What she specifically love about this video is that she’s featuring a local brand from the Philippines (not sponsored). It really makes her proud and happy to support local brand from back home and this is also the time that she’s just starting to get comfortable talking in front of the camera and just being herself.
- (as of 18.08.2018): 2,199 subscribers; 16 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Travel, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: February 2018
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: His purpose is to introduce new places, as well as interesting people, food, and culture.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Thrice a month (Saturdays) during day off
A place you can relax and unwind. Watch this vlog from Dondon and see one of Doha’s hidden beaches right at the heart of THE PEARL.
- (as of 18.08.2018): 33 subscribers; 7 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Entertainment, Events, Travels, Techreviews (soon), Food vlogs
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: March 2018
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: Her vlogs would be more of what’s about happening around her, anything that could showcase her skills in story telling and videography.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Twice A month
This video is the first invite she received as a content creator, and this video is one of her favorite subjects – Entertainment. In this video, you can just see her enjoying all the rides like a kid as she shares her wonderful experience at Summer Entertainment City.
- (as of 14.08.2018): 1,570 subscribers; 68 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Fun, Facts, Fashion and Food (F4)
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: November 28, 2017
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: An online odyssey of her life in Qatar, in the Philippines and in some parts of the globe.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: NEW videos THRICE a week! (between 11-12noon Qatar Time)
This is one her most viewed video. Sigh was not aware that Ghinwa is a famous Lebanese celebrity and she was even hesitant to upload this because of the poor quality of the video clips. The show was extra meaningful to her since it was her first time at the Pearl and it was the first time she win a free show tickets from an Instagram giveaway. She was just new to Youtube when she uploaded this video and she thought that Ghinwa’s popularity probably helped boosted her views.
- (as of 18.08.2018): 4,697 subscribers; 14 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Travel Vlogs
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: October 3, 2015
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: Her life as a 23-yr old solo female traveler
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Once a month
She love this vlog because she was able to help a lot of applicants with her tips on having their US visa approved. She applied for a US visa when she was 21 years old without any relatives abroad.
- (as of 18.08.2018): 5,461 subscribers; 193 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Vlogs, Dance, Music, Tech, Foods, Travels/Leisure & Random Stuffs
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: August 2, 2017
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: It’s a bunch of randomness we do in life.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Every Wednesday
Here’s one of their most popular video which has over 1M views as of this writing. Being dance enthusiasts and parents themselves, JE and LEA have natural charm with kids. Along with different dance challenges, their passion for dancing is clearly evident in most of their videos.
- (as of 18.08.2018): 625 subscribers; 73 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Food, Events, Fashion and Travel Vlogs
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: June 3, 2017
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: Life is boring if you don’t know how to explore it.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Once a week (any day)
Here’s one of her latest videos in collaboration with Urban Jazz Restaurant. In this video, she tagged along two other Pinoy Vloggers (also featured in this list) and showcased what Urban Jazz can offer to its customers.
- (as of 18.08.2018): 281 subscribers; 16 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Food, Beauty, Lifestyle
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: September 2017
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: It features how a typical OFW lives in Doha
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: At least once a month
This is not even one of her Top 3 most viewed video but it showcases her “dry humor”. So watch, take a peek at what an OFW (lady) carries with them everyday.
- (as of 18.08.2018): 68 subscribers; 11 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Skin Care, Travel, Food
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: January 2018
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: Anything under the sun but focuses more on skin care products and travel
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Once a month (but targets to make it once a week when he gets a new mic and lighting equipment)
Here’s is one of Nico’s vlog showing his regular skin care routine. Who says men shouldn’t take care of their skin and body?
- (as of 18.08.2018): 5,161 subscribers, 53 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Food and Lifestyle
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: March 29, 2018
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: It’s a typical next-door vlog created for Filipino expats as a guide on things to SEE, DO and EAT in Doha.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Twice a week (Tuesday & Saturday)
Bringing TV back home will be very enjoyable to our love ones. But as an OFW, do you know the process of bringing one? This video will give you “PAK na PAK at BET na BET” tips on how to do it. Good job Maykel!
- (as of 18.08.2018): 364 subscribers; 90 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Travel, Food, Weekend Vlogging
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: March 8, 2017
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: Her vlogs are generally bits and pieces of her life here in Qatar, living in a foreign country which she get to love together with her sister.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Every Weekend
Rea loves traveling and one of her recent wanderlust adventure was when she went to Munich. She was very glad to have the chance to explore Western Europe. (Insert: A BIG BIRTHDAY SHOUTOUT to Ms Rea!)
- (as of 18.08.2018): 172 subscribers; 107 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Travel, Food, Life Diary
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: April 2017
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: It is an open diary of her fun life.
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: Every Wednesdays
She like this video because she had fun making this and she thinks that a lot of her vlogger friends can relate to this video and it also reflects her bubbly personality. Keep up the good work in unifying the Pinoy Vloggers in Qatar.
- (as of 18.08.2018): undisclosed subscribers; 57 videos
- VLOG CLASSIFICATION: Travel, lifestyle and short skits
- STARTED UPLOADING VIDEOS: September 1, 2017
- DESCRIBE THE VLOGS IN ONE LINE: A memory bank of her adventures as a versatile vlogger wannabe
- SCHEDULE OF UPLOAD: At least 4 times a month, mostly Thursdays 12:30 pm (but currently on hiatus because her laptop got broken, but will resume after a week or two).
One of the most creative trailer I’ve seen. Here’s a little summary of what her channel is all about. She’s been doing videos for a while now and this is her first channel trailer.
- Found several other vloggers but i couldn’t post them without their permission
- Most of them are doing personal/lifestyle vlogs and food vlogs
- I even discovered some who have already returned home but many of their vlogs were shot in Doha, Qatar
THE RISE OF VLOGGERS IN QATAR has become more evident during the recent Pinoy Content Creators Meetup last August 2018 (click the link for the feature blog). When I was starting, there were only videographers taking shots for commercial purposes. But recently, with influences from the Philippines, many are choosing this medium than the traditional written forms (especially the millennials who are also the techy ones). Even brands are slowly leaning towards video creators who are showing actual restaurant or hotel experiences.
In the coming day, we can expect more quality vlogs to come out from these talented vloggers. As story tellers, just like the bloggers, vloggers must continue to enhance their creativity, develop engaging contents, try to be relevant as much as possible (not just following a fad), without loosing their “identity” as a creator. And we see bright lights beaming from these young and brilliant minds.
Note: If you are a Doha-based FILIPINO VLOGGER and your channel is not on this list, kindly put the link of one of your recent vlogs in the comment section and we would love to check it out and support as well. That’s it for now, see you on my first vlog… who knows when?
I'm a Christian, a husband and a father, a Filipino expat in Qatar, entrepreneur, aspiring blogger, freelance real estate consultant, lover of anything KOREAN, an adventurer.