Starting late last year, my wife and I have been noticing a growing number of fitness centers that are opening in the city. They are coming along with the opening of new buildings and commercial establishments almost everywhere. And while it’s a good indication of the growing trend for physical fitness and health consciousness, we were pretty amazed to see them very visible especially at night when the neon lights are up.
In our place alone, we can see at least four centers that are a few blocks away from each other. Drive a few meters further and you’ll surely see one or two along the way. In other places like the Aziziya area, you would even see more of it in almost every street.
In this post, we will be featuring those fitness centers not associated with any hotels. While big hotels offer gym packages even for non-residents or guests, it is almost always expected for them to offer facilities like this on their properties. This list does not also include those offering martial arts classes and related services.
In no particular order, here are some of the fitness centers we’ve found around town:
- CITY GYM – with 5 branches in these locations: Najma, Mansoura, Bin Omran. Abu Hamour, and Al Wakra
- ANYTIME FITNESS – with 3 branches in these locations: Mall of Qatar, Bin Mahmoud, and Al Wakra
- FITNESS FIRST (City Center) –
- AL AMAN GYM – with 7 branches in these locations: Rayyan, (Ladies only), Muntaza, Wakra, Muaither, Bin Mahmoud, Abu Hamour, Old Airport
- PHIIT STUDIO (Mirqab Mall) –
- MILITARY FITNESS QATAR (Palm Tower B, Westbay) –
- GYMMITO FITNESS CLUB (The Pearl)
- QGYM ELITE –
- CROSS FIT (Doha College, Al Waab) –
- EDGE FITNESS (Aziziya)
- STRONG BOX QATAR (Doha Sports Park, just behind QIPCO compound
- BMI FITNESS (Al Hilal)
- OX FITNESS LAB (The Gate Mall)
- CROSSFIT T23 – with 2 branches The Pearl Qatar: CROSSFIT TXXIII (Porto Arabia); and T23 UNLOADED (Medina Central)
- STARK FITNESS QATAR (Ummughalina)
- THE VENUE (Abraj Quartier)
- EVOLUTION SPORTS QATAR-EVO FIT
- FIT20 QATAR (Westbay)
- RIDE TRIBE (Porto Arabia)
As Qatar National Sports Day is celebrated every second Tuesday of February to promote a healthy lifestyle with plenty of physical exercises, it may be a really great way to usher in the year with health and fitness as a number one priority. Click any of the links above or visit any of the nearby fitness centers in your area. I’m sure that you can find one just within your block.
OTHER DISCLAIMERS: This is not a sponsored post and no one commissioned us to do this feature article. The establishments are random selections in the tradition of our “19 BEST LIST” which we started at the beginning of this year. So, if you know other establishments (not connected to any hotels), please comment below their names and contact details for the readers’ information.