Last week, we released a vlog showing you how we styled our small living room using plants. It was something that we enjoyed doing as a family and it literally transformed a part of our home into something cozy, relaxing, and yes… healthy space.
Link to the VLOG: PLANT LIVING QATAR | Decorating Our Small Apartment In Doha
Many of you might have missed the captions I’ve written in my Instagram posts so I decided to compile it into a blog post so we will have a reference in the future.
So here are some of the simple benefits of having indoor plants in our homes:
1. It can #FILLUP open spaces and empty corners. It is fun to decorate plants on a plain wall (pref light or pastel colored walls). It is like painting on a blank canvass and giving it more life. It also adds volume and excitement in a rather boring open space. Decorative baskets, stands, and pots also add to the height and drama of your plant arrangements.
2. It can #COVER ugly or damaged walls, including electrical wirings and router boxes, and other eye sores in our walls. It’s good to use plants with big leaves and wide coverage. Sometimes, a good basket or plant pot can also serve this purpose.
3. It #CLEANS indoor air by absorbing toxins, increasing humidity and producing oxygen. It’s time to take advantage of the health benefits of plants. All three mentioned in this series (and more!) have been proven by researchers to have a positive effect on people’s health. Whether we want a boost to our mental or our physical health, plants will definitely do it for us.
Can you add more to these? Please comment down below and also watch our video for more of our #homestyling with Plant Living Qatar.
For inquiries and orders, please call #PlantLivingQatar: +974 5581 7648
SPECIAL INSERT (NOT SPONSORED): Set your plants free.
As I was browsing for plants on social media, i came across this interesting company with an amazing product that will really put all plant-lovers in awe. Designed in Sweden in line with Nordic elegance and minimalism (like the popular IKEA stores), this product called LYFE consists of a planter that hovers over an oak base via magnetic levitation, gently rotating during suspension. As crazy as it looks, i went though their website and almost ordered one quickly.
- LYFE Planter
Our 12-sided geodesic planter is molded from silicon, making it grippy and tactile. As it rotates in mid-air, different shades appear, providing a hypnotic and relaxing experience for your home or office. Watch your plant twirl in the air, and experience it from different angles.
- LYFE Reservoir
To mitigate against over-watering, a cleverly designed drainage system allows water to escape to a hidden inner reservoir.
- LYFE Magnet
This is where the magic happens. Our custom shaped LYFE magnet pushes up against an electromagnetic base, causing the planter to levitate in mid-air, lifting your LYFE to new dimensions.
- LYFE Rotation
In LYFE there is no mechanism controlling the spin, which leaves the planter to spin in whichever direction it chooses. Because there is no friction, besides air friction, the units tend to rotate freely. Rotation can be induced depending on what plant you have inside.
Although we are unable to guarantee the rotation of the units at this point in time, it does not take away the beneficial effect LYFE has on plants.
- Base Dimensions: 153mm x 153mm x 38mm ( 6 inches x 6 inches x 1.5 inches )
- Base Weight : 1.300 grams ( 45.8 ounces )
- Pot Dimensions: 80 x 100 mm
- Pot Weight: 240 grams ( 8.5 ounces )
- AC Adapter: Input 100-240V – 50/60Hz; Output 15V 1A
LYFE is the second creation of the FLYTE brand. Check out their website for more details.