Can you still keep up with so many happenings around QATAR nowadays? New attractions left and right, new hotel openings, new resto offers, everyone’s buzzing about the World Cup… and we’re not complaining. Our heart is full knowing that the world’s attention will be upon us in a few days time (even some visitors are already starting to arrive). Qatar will be at the spotlight of the sporting world when the FIFA World Cup 2022 finally begins on 20th November!
For us, we tried to visit some of the nearby attractions. But just thinking of the many others that we want to visit makes us feel tired already (but happy). So we just decided to give a rundown of the places and spaces we can all visit in the next few days… while it is still not crowded. Choose from different categories like WORLD CUP VENUES to watch matches for free, there are also big CONCERT VENUES featuring international stars and popular DJs, several CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS & THEME PARKS for the family, plus OPEN BEACH locations for visitors from around the world.
Earlier in the blog, we published 31DAYS TO GO before FIFA World Cup 2022 | Qatar Updates and other things that visitors should know. Please check it out for some helpful information that will guide you especially if you’re visiting QATAR for the world cup events.
1. FIFA FAN FESTIVAL (Al Bidda Park near Corniche Metro Station)
During the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, the FIFA Fan Festival will be be open every day of the tournament (from 19 November to 18 December) and will be free of charge for everybody.
As the-place-to-be for fans beyond the stadiums, the FIFA Fan Festival offers many other entertainment highlights. Besides watching all 64 FIFA World Cup™ matches in a buzzing atmosphere, fans can enjoy the following:
- Performances by top global music acts, as well as local artists
- A food court with unique culinary experiences ranging from local cuisine to international delicacies
- Unique football matches with FIFA Legends, in addition to interactive physical and digital football gaming stations for fans of all ages
- Innovative sponsor activities, dedicated football exhibitions and an official FIFA Store with licensed FIFA World Cup products
16 November: 5PM (TESTING EVENT) – People who attend the test event will be entertained by a resident DJ and special Michael Jackson Show. Gates will open at 5 PM, with the show running until 10 PM. Visitors will be able to enjoy international beverages from 7-10 PM, with last orders taken at 9:30 PM. After the event, visitors will have until 11 PM to leave the site, with the Doha Metro operating until 3 AM.
19 – 20 November: 4:00 pm – 2:00 am
21 – 29 November: 11:00 am – 2:00 am
30 November – 18 December: 4:00 pm – 2:00 am
To attend the FIFA Fan Festival™ all fans must show a Hayya Card on entry.
2. DOHA CORNICHE (from MIA Park to Sheraton Park)
Qatar’s global street carnival along Doha’s iconic 6km waterfront will be the atmosphere along the Corniche – allowing fans to connect from all around the world.
- 150+ food outlets
- 3 live concert stages
- Hosts Welcome to Qatar shows (featuring the Circle of Lights – a shimmering circle suspended above the water that transforms to poetically narrate wonderful stories. Throughout the afternoon dancing water fountains bring the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Official Soundtrack to life. When the sun goes down a stunning symphony of pyrotechnics, drones and water effects lights the sky – all set to an original orchestral score. Shows take place daily at 3 PM, 3:30 PM, 4 PM, 4:30 PM, 5 PM and 5:30 PM throughout the tournament)
- Roaming performances
- Arts, culture, story-telling
- Family-friendly entertainment
- Bedouin Village
- Official FIFA merchandise
19 November-18 December: 12 PM-12 AM (Entertainment from 3 PM-11 PM)
Venue: Corniche (from the Museum of Islamic Art to Sheraton Park)
Nearest Metro Station: Souq Waqif (Gold line), Corniche (Red Line), West Bay Qatar Energy (Red Line), DECC (Red Line)
Access: Public (with latest updates here from GULF TIMES)
*Major events at the Corniche area include giant display screens to broadcast football matches
3. HAYYA FAN ZONE (Lusail South Promenade)
The Hayya Fan Zone is a grand celebration of the beautiful game. Head to Lusail South Promenade and join the festivity, fun and football.
- 3,500 capacity
- All 64 games on mega-screens
- Open ice skating
- Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty ice ballet shows
- Local bands, international acts
- 3D screen and jumbotron
- Family-friendly environment
- Unique food and beverage options
- VIP area
20 November to 18 December: 12:00 pm – 1:00 am daily
Attendees to the Hayya Fan Zone will not need a Hayya Card, but will only be required to pay the QR50 entrance fee. Tickets on sale at qtickets.com or on location. For online ticket purchases, Hayya Fan Zone offers a 10% discount on groups of 4 or more and a 15% discount on groups of 6 or more!
Location: Lusail South Promenade
4. ARABIAN NIGHTS (adjacent to Crescent Tower in Lusail)
Arabian Nights is located adjacent to the Crescent Tower in Lusail. The place offers its visitors a glimpse into the Qatari traditional culture. It recreates a desert-like atmosphere with Arabic seating and carpeted floors. Groups of football fans can book tents at the venue depending on the number of people from small to large.
Stalls at the Arabian Nights will sell souvenirs, and Arabic sweets apart from Arabic food and beverages. The venue will also offer various games and entertainment options for its visitors.
17 November to 18 December: 12:00 pm – 2:00 am daily. The venue opened recently with a soft launch that will see its gates open from 6 pm until midnight.
The fan zone will charge an entry fee of QR20 per person.
5. 900 PARK (adjacent to Intercontinental Doha)
900 Park Doha is one of the latest addition to Qatar’s list of great food and beverage districts and will be a major attraction during the upcoming FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ and beyond as well. The location is metro-accessible as well through the Doha Metro Red Line station at Al Qassar. (source: Qatar Living and Qtickets)
All FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ matches are going to be displayed on massive screens with the best sound experience, enabling a solid fan experience and participation in the World Cup spirit.
Rules & Regulations:
- Entrance is governed by the law of Qatar.
- Original passport, Qatari ID or Hayya card must be presented at the door to enter.
- No smoking is allowed while queueing.
- Entrance to 900 Park is permitted to guests below the age of 21 years until 10 pm after that no guests below the age of 21 years will be allowed in the venue.
- Except on days when certain special events happen, kids and family are welcome to visit 900 Park.
- International Beverage Consumption over 21 years old.
- International Beverages can not be served to guests wearing traditional or National Dress.
- The Venue management reserves the right to refuse admission to any guests.
- 900 Park F&B district, it’s owners, agents and employees accept no responsibility for the loss of money or valuables of any kind brought inside the event area of 900 Park.
- These premises are under CCTV Surveillance.
11 November 2022 – 31 December 2022: 5:00 pm – 11:59 pm
Ticket Purchase: Online – Standard Price: 100QR
6. DAY DREAM FESTIVAL (Doha Golf Club) – concert venue
At Daydream Festival, visitors enter a wonderful dream which travels across the globe to far distant places carried by the light of our magical enter. They wander in a world where time has no meaning and dream with their eyes open, settling down in a magical place for Daydream Festival to call home. An all-star Electronic and Dance Music (EDM) studded line up spread across 10 festival shows, unimaginable visual production and magical decors will steal your nights away illuminating a mystical skyline across the desert that almost seems unreal.
22 November – 18 December 2022: 10:00 am – 5:00 am
Brought to us by Qatar Airways and Qatar Tourism, and sponsored by Ooredoo and Coca Cola, organised by Alchemy Projects.
7. MDLBEAST PRESENTS: ARAVIA (next to Al Wakra Metro Station) – concert venue
Step off the pitch and onto the dancefloor for 28 Aravian nights. A magical world that combines music, performance and song – from premiere international talent and rising regional stars.
All inspired by the colours and shapes of Arab culture, blending rave with Arabia.
- 5,500 guest capacity (general admission and VIP)
- 160+ hours of global shows
- 56 spectacular acts
- Breath-taking backdrops
- Iconic stage
- Global and local cuisine
21 November-18 December: 8:00 pm – 2:00 am (the performances will kick off at the end of each match)
Venue: Al Wakrah – Located next to Al Wakra Metro Station, 12 minutes from Doha International Airport and Al Janoub Stadium. Nearest Metro Station: Al Wakra (Red line)
Access: Event admission ticket required (from QAR 179)
8. ARCADIA MUSIC FESTIVAL (next to Ras Bu Fontas Metro Station) – concert venue
This world-renowned event will mesmerize you late into the night – as the energy of this one-of-a-kind experience takes over!
- 15,000 capacity
- 200,000 attendees
- International artists and DJs
- The most immersive shows on Earth
- Extraordinary sculpted stages with a fire-breathing spider
- Organised by Alchemy Project
19 November-19 December: 10:00 am – 5:00 am (the festivities will begin 3 hours before each match and 2 hours after the final match)
Venue: Ras Bu Fontas. Nearest Metro Station: Ras Bu Fontas (Red line)
Tickets from QAR 310
9. RAS ABU ABOUD BEACH 974 (next to Stadium 974)
Hit the shore at Beach 974, extending from the heart of Doha along Ras Abu Aboud’s glistening waterfront. Combine football and beach life, enjoy the water – then kick back and let the beat move your feet!
- 5,000 capacity
- 1.2km beach
- Relaxing sands
- Live music and DJs
- Water sports and activities
- Food and retail outlets
1 November-31 December: daily from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm (Except matchdays at Stadium 974)
Venue: Ras Abu Aboud Beach
Access: Shuttle bus from Ras Bu Abboud Metro Station – No Parking available
Nearest Metro Station: Ras Bu Abboud (Gold line)
Entry fee applies
The beautiful shoreline in Diplomatic area in Westbay will be home to two beach clubs tha’s just close to each other and have opened recently, in time for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: B12 Beach Club and West Bay Beach (click the hyper link for their Instagram pages)
B12 BEACH CLUB is a family-friendly beach club that offers a range of water and sports activities, exceptional dining options, premium services, and entertainment.
B12 Beach Club Doha will offer an exclusive experience to Qatar’s World Cup visitors through lively beachy vibes, bohemian interiors featuring graffiti art by Qatari artists, and various entertainment elements to welcome guests from all age groups for a day-to-night experience. The beach club, overlooking 40,000 metres of premium beachfront, will feature exceptional hospitality and service, all-day dining at the beach deck with various culinary options an indoor restaurant with a versatile gourmet menu, and water and beach entertainment activities.
The WEST BAY BEACH, on the other hand, is located close to the Jordanian Embassy facing Delta Marriot Hotel. It is open from 8:00 a.m. till 2:00 a.m. and no reservations required as they are accepting walk-ins only.
11. AL MAHA ISLAND LUSAIL (next to Ras Bu Fontas Metro Station)
From family-friendly attractions to white-knuckle rides, and from world-class dining and live entertainment to casual restaurants. This has it all – be enchanted by Al Maha Island – Lusail!
- 14,000 capacity
- Globally renowned names in dining and lounges
- Theatrical experiences
- 50+ jaw-dropping rides and attractions at Lusail Winter Wonderland
- 395m tall rollercoaster
- Ice skating
14 November – onward: 5:00 pm – 12:00 am (subject to change)
Venue: Off the coast of Marina and Tarfa Lusail area
Nearest Metro Station: Lusail (Red line)
Access: Admission ticket required
12. QETAI-FAN BEACH FEST (next to Ras Bu Fontas Metro Station)
Enjoy concerts, special performances, giant screen live matches, water activities and a Floating Aqua Park – all at one the largest entertainment venues in Qatar!
- 30,000 capacity
- 4,000-person beach club
- 50 food outlets
- VR and esports activations
19 November-18 December: 10:00 am – 4:00 am
Venue: Qetaifan Island North
Nearest Metro Station: Lusail QNB (Red line)
Nearest Accommodation: Fan Village Qetaifan Island North
Access: Event admission ticket required and ticketed activations (free entry for guests staying at Fan Village Qetaifan Island North)
All information stated herein are from legitimate sources but may still change depends on the actual operation of each facility. This is just for guide and information purposes. Kindly double check the details before heading out. THANK YOU!